Our laboratory focuses on developing remotely controllable materials via unique nanoengineering for dynamic cell engineering
Images: Adv. Mater, Nano Letters,
Kaiheng Wei, Nanoscale, Nanotech magazine, and Korea University
We are actively recruiting postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduate students with specialty in biomedical engineering and biology, biomedical nanomaterial synthesis and functionalization, and nanobiomaterials.
우리 연구실에서는 "나노화학소재 합성 및 기능화", "바이오메디컬공학", "나노바이오소재" 중의 하나의 분야를 중점적으로 연구할 성실하고 열정적인 박사후 연구원, 대학원생 (석박사통합과정), 학부연구생 (3-4학년)을 모집합니다.
Heemin Kang (강희민), Ph.D.
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
(Department of Biomicrosystem Technology)
News and Press
We are sincerely happy to announce that our students (Hyojun CHOI and Minji KO) were selected to receive "Truth Fellowship" from Korea University for research works in our laboratory! Congratulations!
1. Kang H et al., “Immunoregulation of macrophages by dynamic ligand presentation via ligand–cation coordination” Nature Communications 10, 1696 (2019)
2. Kang H et al., “Anisotropic ligand nanogeometry modulates the adhesion and polarization state of macrophages” Nano Letters 19, 1963-75 (2019)
3. Kang H et al., "An in situ reversible heterodimeric nanoswitch controlled by metal-ion–ligand coordination regulates the mechanosensing and differentiation of stem cells”, Adv. Mater. 30, 1803591 (2018)
4. Kang H et al., “Remote control of heterodimeric magnetic nanoswitch regulates the adhesion and differentiation of stem cells”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 140, 5909−13 (2018)
Featured in JACS Spotlight, 140, 6185 (2018)
5. Kang H et al., “Magnetic manipulation of reversible nanocaging controls in vivo adhesion and polarization of macrophages”, ACS Nano 12, 5978−94 (2018)
6. Kang H et al., "Remote control of intracellular calcium using upconversion nanotransducers regulates stem cell differentiation in vivo", Adv. Funct. Mater. 28, 1802642 (2018)
7. Kang H et al., “Remote control of multi-modal nanoscale ligand oscillations regulates stem cell adhesion and differentiation” ACS Nano 11, 9636-9649 (2017)
8. Kang H et al., “Remote manipulation of ligand nano-oscillations regulates adhesion and polarization of macrophages in vivo” Nano Letters 17, 6415-27 (2017)
9. Kang H et al., “Small molecule-driven direct conversion of human pluripotent stem cells into functional osteoblasts” Science Advances 2, e1600691 (2016)
Featured in Nature, 537, 241 (2016)
10. Kang H et al., "Near-infrared light-controlled regulation of intracellular calcium to modulate macrophage polarization" Biomaterials 178, 681-96 (2018)
11. Kang H et al., “Nanolayered hybrid mediates synergistic ligand delivery and ligation activation for inducing stem cell differentiation and tissue healing”, Biomaterials 149, 14-28 (2017)